16. You can’t please everybody.
– As Dita Von Teese says, “You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world and yet there’s someone who still hates peaches.” No matter what you do, how you look like, how you talk and act, people will always have something to say about you, so you might as well do whatever you want. And it’s actually hard to do that here in the Philippines, where almost everyone is so judgmental (including me, lol).
Living in the Philippines in a nutshell:
“Ang ikli ng shorts mo! Magdamit ka nga.“ – Kaya nga shorts diba??? Anong gusto mo, longs??
“Grabe, ano ba yang suot mo? Bakit sobrang balot na balot ka?” – Sinabi mo e.
” Parang kamatis ilong mo! Paretoke ka nga.“ – *gets nose job*
“Eww, your nose is fake! You’re pure plastic” – Paretoke natin utak mo pls.
“Alam mo, ang taba mo. Magpapayat/magdiet ka nga!” – U see this bilbil?? That’s the sign of my mom’s love because she makes sure I’m well fed 24/7 so shut up.
“Grabe, kumain ka naman. Di maganda yung masyadong payat.” – Ano ba??????
It’s such a struggle to do what you want in this country. Di mo alam saan ka lulugar. Mabuti man o hindi ang gagawin mo, may sasabihin pa rin ang mga tao. Can we just stop meddling with other people’s lives and rather focus on our own business? Pwede bang walang pakelamanan?!? Pwede?? Pwede ba??? If it makes me happy, then fine, I’ll do it. I don’t care and you don’t care. Okay? Okay? My money, my life, my business. In the end, it’s your life and it’s yours to live. Don’t please everyone because you’ll please none. Do things as you please and don’t seek for approval. Do whatever the fuck you want because they’ll judge you anyway.
17. Stop comparing yourself.
– Everything looks sugarcoated online—making everyone think that life is perfect and has no room for mistakes. I’ve struggled with this for so long and I’m slowly getting contented with how I look and what I have in life. True, I may still crave for more but I’d still be happy with whatever is handed to me. Social media is training everyone to compare themselves and their lives to those who have it better, no wonder why everyone is depressed. Someone may look better, dress better or be smarter than you but that’s totally fine. Just do you. Keep doing you. This year, I’ll try my very best to appreciate what I have and how I look. We are all unique and it’s time for us to embrace our differences rather than compare ourselves with others.
Speaking of comparisons, to all parents/titas/tactless relatives out there, stop pitting your kids/pamangkins against each other. We are all unique and capable of doing different things so shut up and sit your ass down. Your arguments are all invalid. Wag kayong ano. Don’t me. lol
18. Don’t rely your happiness on someone else. You are enough.
– Stop waiting for that text. Stop waiting for that message that took so long even if they’re “Active Now”. Stop waiting for the right person because YOU ALONE should be the right person. Don’t ever rely your happiness on somebody else, malay mo taken for granted ka lang. Don’t hurt yourself. Wag kang tanga. Happiness comes from within. You don’t need anyone to be happy because you yourself should make you happy. You dictate your mood, don’t blame it on anyone as to why you’re sad or angry because it all depends on you.
19. What you give is what you get. What you think is what you become.
-I’m the type of person who will do everything to get what I want. If I want that pair of shoes, I’ll ask my parents to buy them. If they don’t, that’s when I’ll do everything. Like e v e r y t h i n g. I’ll prove them that I really deserve what I’m asking for. I will run errands, do chores, study until I get my desired score, among others. I’ll do everything. And it really works (lol mommy & daddy alam niyo na). You reap what you sow. Everything that happens to me right now is a result of my actions. It’s all about the value of hard work, patience, and perseverance. If you want to achieve something, you should work really hard for it. Like what I do in this blog, I write as much as I can to offer you knowledge, entertainment or quality content. I do this for myself because it’s what I want and I believe that someday, it will all be worth it. #LawOfAttraction
20. It’s okay not to be okay.
– 2016 tested me. I’ve had a couple of bad days wherein I got depressed to the point that my eyes look really puffy and everyone just kept on asking me if I’m okay. It’s absolutely okay to be sad because that’s how life works, you can be happy today but sad tomorrow. You never know. Bad days make you appreciate the good days. Heartbreaks are not always caused by failed romance; they may either be caused by shitty drama, school stress, or identity crisis and that’s totally normal. Everyone experiences bad days but that doesn’t count as an excuse to treat people like shit.
How’s 2017 so far? Wait for my blog posts soon! It might take a while because of my finals but rest assured that I’ll publish! 🙂